.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

Unified Simpsons Theory of Everything

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge Simpsons fan. Although the quality of the show's writing and comedy has somewhat declined in recent years, there's always something wickedly ironic and funny in each episode. The Simpsons is a great reflection of American culture, and I highly recommend that people from other countries and cultures watch it if you want to gain a little insight to us crazy Americans. Of course everything on the Simpsons is satire and extremely exaggerated, but many of the situations the Simpsons get into have a kernel of truth in the hyperbole. It's been a favorite game of mine to try to link any real-life event with an analogous stiuation portrayed on the Simpsons. With the help of the great Episode Guide at the Simpsons Archive, I can also get the reference info on the particular show. If anyone out there thinks they can stump me with a real-life event that can't be paralleled in the Simpsons, bring it on! I love a challenge!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home