Saturday, April 08, 2006
Since my posting frequency has been quite pitiful, I figure I can at least provide some lame ass excuses as to what I'm doing with my time instead of blogging.
- Kingdom Hearts II - Just came out for Playstation 2. You got Disney in my Final Fantasy! You got Final Fantasy in my Disney! This most unlikely combination creates a surprisingly great game series, and I'm working my way through the sequel. (See game reviews here, here, and here)
- Civilization IV - If crack was a computer game, it would be Civilization. Just...one...more...turn...!
- Lost - This TV show is addictive. I've recently managed to hook friends in Germany to this weird, ensemble, character-driven, sci-fi mystery. Apple should give me a cut of the iTunes download money that came from my referral.
- Deal or No Deal - A game show where people pick random numbers to try to win money. No special skills or knowledge required. I know it sounds brainless, but it can actually be entertaining watching people ignore probability theory.
- The Office - TV comedy gold. I think the American version is even better than the British original, but of course I'm a bit biased.
- Veronica Mars - More quirky TV drama/mystery. I don't know how the writers come up with such interesting mysteries and puzzles every week. Check out this great fan site that keeps up with all the show's mysteries and clues.
- Brightness Reef by David Brin - First book in his second Uplift trilogy series. I've only recently started reading David Brin, so I'm playing catchup on his sci-fi novels.
So as you can see, I'm wasting far too much time on pointless entertainment when I should be wasting time writing blog entires for a nonexistant audience. And clearly I watch too much TV. I should probably add my DVR to the list of distractions. It's completely changed the way I watch TV, and I think I'm watching *twice* as much as I did before (my poor brain cells).
There just aren't enough hours in the day! By the way, stuff like family and work already get top priority before all this other stuff, so I'm not neglecting them! Hopefully I'll get to writing a real blog post this week. Cross your fingers!